This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Black Friday Deals

It’s that time of year again. The fear and scare of Black Friday with the amazing deals you need to have, but unfortunately it comes with a price. You spend a lot of money and then you have to deal with rude customers, which I can’t stand. In addition, every year there is an accident cause by people rushing to get those crazy, “awesome” deals. So I decided to look up some awesome tips for those of you crazy enough to venture out to the malls and shopping centers that night.  

• First go in knowing what you need from that store and the deals it comes with. Makes it easier to get around without having to figure it out.
  • Know the store you’re going to and where the items you want are placed. This saves you time and gives you a better chance of getting what you need in your size.
  • Know what you’re buying and don’t just buy it because its on sale!
  • Know return and exchange policies before going to the store.
  • Set your budget and don’t go overboard.
  • Look at the sales after black Friday because those deals might be better than those during that day.
  • Go out of the way to other stores that are not in busy areas with lots of traffic because those places will fill up quickly and be overly crowded.
  • Also ignore the rude people and let them get on with their business, it’ll only lead to problems and hassle.
  • Don’t try anything on, if it doesn’t work you can go return it and get a new size. Or if that’s too risky for you, go a couple days before and try it on for size.
  • Check out deals from multiple locations because they may vary depending on the amount of stock they have.
  • One of the most important tips is finding coupons, deals, and alerts to make the savings even greater and maybe even give you the deal advertised that they didn’t tell you about until check out.

Black Friday, one of the biggest shopping days of the year and the time to see the most craziest people in one location to fight to the finish for that must have gifts for your family, significant other, and friends. All I have to say is be careful and watch yourself folks because like I said people are crazy.