This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Austin Hunter

Age: 20

Year:  Sophomore

Hometown: Jacksonville, IL

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Marine Science and Biochemistry

What is your favorite part about Eckerd and why? My favorite part about Eckerd is how friendly everyone is as well as the fact that I can be outside doing fun things even in the middle of winter.

Why did you join the Tritones? I joined the Tritones because I love to sing.  I have never been part of a singing group before but I have always been told I should join one so I gave it a shot.  I didn’t think I would make it, but I did and I love it!

What is your idea of a perfect day? My idea of a perfect day is nice and sunny but not super hot.  I would go outside and do some kayaking and then go play some volleyball. The rest of it would just be hanging out with friends.  Maybe getting some work done.  Productive days are always a good thing.

Do you have any big plans for spring break? No plans for spring break this year.  I will most likely be on campus.  Hopefully having a lot of days like I just mentioned.

If you could be great at one thing what would that be and why? Does this include super powers?  If so, flying. If not, I would love to be really good at cooking.  Who doesn’t like good food? It’s delicious and it’s a good way to bring people together to hang out and socialize too.

Are you planning on study abroad? If so where and why? I do hope to study abroad.  I heard about a trip to Micronesia that has a lot of diving and marine research experience.  If that doesn’t work out, I would like to go somewhere like Australia.

What is your dream job? My dream job would be doing coral research and reef conservation work.  I would involve lots of diving and even doing studies in a lab environment to help save corals and rebuild these ecosystems.

What are some fun facts about yourself? 

• I am an Eagle Scout.
  • I have the rarest genetic combination in the world (red hair and blue eyes). 
  • I am from a very country place and love doing outdoor things like campfires and once we even had a pig catching contest in a mud pit at my high school!