An Aspiring Actress: Paige Horwitz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

An Aspiring Actress: Paige Horwitz

Paige is a junior here at Eckerd College. She is currently studying Communication with a minor in Theatre. Eckerd’s location was a big factor in Paige’s decision to come here. She is originally from Northern Virginia. Paige wanted to go far from home and somewhere warm. She’s also a huge fan of the beach! Paige recalled, “I also just loved the atmosphere it had when I visited. Everyone seemed so friendly and I knew it would be a place where I would fit in.”

After her time here, she hopes to work in Public Relations or do something in Broadcast Media. Although, Paige doesn’t have her heart set on any one profession. She will try several jobs to find something she is satisfied with doing throughout her life.

If you didn’t get a chance to see the performance of Eurydice, you missed out! Paige Horwitz did an amazing job as the lead. Paige described her favorite scene as the one, “right after Eurydice dies and enters the underworld.  The character, Eurydice is just so innocent and vulnerable in this new world, and it was really fun to work with those emotions and create something beautiful on stage.”

When asked what she found was most challenging aspect of being a part of Eurydice, Paige was very open. She said that, “The show is very abstract, but also very relatable at the same time. I think trying to draw a connection with the audience, without being too absurd definitely was a challenge. The script is filled with funny lines that normal people would never say in real life, yet at the same time it is filled with such raw emotion that it can really hit hard for some. I think Eurydice is such a relatable character, because we all have that tiny hope for the world to be a perfect place that nothing can hurt us and nothing can harm us, and I wanted to bring that out in my performance.“

It isn’t Paige’s first time on stage. She’s been acting since she was 9 years old! Paige has always had a passion for theatre. She’s worked, “on a ton of productions with [her] high school, done community theatre and worked with some professional companies as well.” Over than her role in Eurydice, Paige was in Eckerd’s production of Legally Blonde her freshman year. She played the role of Vivian. “It was a lot of fun to play the villain. It was also a lot of fun working on a musical.”

If she could play any role in the production of her choice, Paige “would love to play Velma Kelly in Chicago. It is just such a fun role, plus it’s a musical so you can’t go wrong there!”

Paige isn’t involved in much on campus at the moment. She was an active member of the Eckerd community her freshman and sophomore years, however then she, “went aboard last semester and never really got back into it.” Paige’s schedule is pretty crazy so she unfortunately doesn’t have much free time to get back into the clubs she was a part of her freshman and sophomore years.Paige studied aboard last semester in London at the Eckerd London Study Center. She decided to go to London because she has always loved it! “I knew it was a city I could see myself thriving in and it would also be a good place to go study theatre.” Paige loved it so much she is actually going to study aboard again next semester at the University of Central Lancashire. UCLAN is north of England. There she plans on studying PR and Fashion Advertising. Paige already feels at home in England. “I absolutely love the UK and plan to move there after graduation.”

So you might be wondering what Paige has planned for this summer. Well, “In June I’m heading over to London to stay with my boyfriend for a few weeks. Just have some time to get my thoughts together and chill. Then I plan on traveling a lot before my semester starts in September. I plan to backpack around the UK a bit, and I am also doing a backpacking trip through the Scottish Highlands. This will be my first, and probably last chance to spend the summer without a job, so I plan to take advantage of it. Traveling is something I truly love, and I am very fortunate to be given this opportunity. “