There’s A New Store Town: Durham’s H&M

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

This Thursday – October 22nd – Durham welcomed it’s very own H&M store to assist it’s arguably lacking shopping empire! On the day of launch, H&M enticed it’s customers with a 25% discount off their full purchase (– but only those who were able to make it there before 11am!) As well as this, shoppers were also treated to a full audial experience, with an instore DJ, ensuring they could shop with some rhythm. Already the store is proving itself as a top location within the Prince Bishop Shopping Centre, and being kitted out with the new H&M paper bag, (as opposed to the old grubby Tesco Bag- for- Life), is certainly producing a stylish prowess for savvy shoppers. As Winter draws in and we’re all reaching for those autumnal colours and thick knits, H&M will surely serve as a salvation against the Durham chill – one we could regard as our own Angel of the North! With its ranges in accessories, underwear, nightwear and menswear, the new store truly delivers a plethora that Durham shoppers have been deprived – and perhaps most significantly at affordable prices. Undoubtedly this burst of excitement, mixing up the Durham shopping scene will continue to be welcomed so warmly by students and residents alike. If you haven’t already make sure you pop down to pick up some of your favourite pieces before the rest of Durham snaps them up and those uncovered treasures become almost Durham uniform.

Steph Ryan
I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!