Sister Chapter Profile: Lauren Henderson from Her Campus Aberdeen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

I had the absolute pleasure of catching up with Lauren Henderson from our Sister Chapter, Her Campus Aberdeen! We’ve been discussing collaboration ideas throughout this term but it was great to get to know more about Lauren herself and have a good old chat. Here’s what I found out about her:

Name: Lauren Henderson

Age: 21

Chapter: Aberdeen

Position: President + Campus Correspondent

Subject at university: Law

Jess: Hi Lauren! We’re so pleased at Her Campus Durham to have your chapter, Her Campus Aberdeen as our Sister Chapter. Could you tell us a bit more about Her Campus Aberdeen? How long has it existed as a chapter?

Lauren: We first started publishing in March 2014, so this will be our third full year! We have grown over the years, with a team of about 60 for this year. We have some amazing writers and events girls. Just sad that I will be graduating this year and leaving it all behind!

Jess: Charlie and I will be sad to graduate this year too! So, what is your favourite part about CC for such an amazing chapter? Do you enjoy meeting new people at all your socials?

Lauren: My favourite thing about being a CC is the sense of responsibility, I love being super organised! But other than that, it is great as CC that I know all of the girls in the chapter and get to socialise with them at writers’ meetings as well as our socials.

Jess: What did you get up to this Halloween? Did you go for a traditionally scary costume or something a bit more risqué?

Lauren: I was dressed as Olaf so I was definitely more cute than scary! I made the costume myself so I was actually quite pleased with my efforts. We had a HCAU pub crawl – my costume even survived the night!

Jess: That sounds great! Is fashion something you’re interested in? What kind of articles do you like to write?

Lauren: I have a very casual dress sense. In winter I always wear boots, jeans and a jumper! In fact, I practically wear jumpers all year round. But it suits me and they are always cosy and comfy. So I do like looking at the new fashion trends, but rarely implement them into my life. I enjoy doing recipes or reviews. Apart from that, I have written some more heart-felt articles like Losing my Dog, which I found was a great way to say goodbye and grieve.

Jess: I love doing food-related articles and recipe posts too! Have you read our article ‘Don’t Get Me Started on… Hangovers’ yet? What is the worst thing about hangovers for you?

Lauren: Yes! So funny. I seem to have the curse of a bad hangover where it is impossible for me to do anything without the fear (or reality) of being sick. So that is definitely the worst, but it also feels never ending. However, if I had to love anything about a hangover, it would be the guilt-free eating. So many calories without any regrets.

Jess: If you had to write an article entitled ‘Don’t Get Me Started on…’ what would you decide to rant about?

Lauren: “Don’t get my started on… bad coffee”

Jess:  That sounds like it’d be a great article – you should definitely write it! Thank you so, so much for your time and for helping us get to know you better, Lauren! We can’t to work with you and the rest of Her Campus Aberdeen but we especially can’t wait to exchange Christmas care packages next month! Exciting times ahead.

HCXO