This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Obviously the classic British love story was not good enough in it’s original format, to keep a 21st century audience interested we needed to throw in some zombies just to spice things up a bit.

The story follows the five Bennett sisters as they cope with the usual pressures of Regency England; marriage, balls and of course zombies. In this adaptation the Bennett sisters have been trained in martial arts since birth in order to win the hearts of suitable husbands and to fend of the persistent zombie hordes. 

Cinderella and Downton Abbey star Lily James is well cast as the spirited Elizabeth Bennett and Doctor Who’s Matt Smith brings the limited humour to the film with his gormless turn as Parson Collins.

Despite the original novel that it’s based on reaching number three on the New York Times bestseller list, the film fails to blend the comedy, romance and horror together. Following on from the disappointment of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, these vaguely amusing one note ideas have been stretched out into an entire film.

Although, there are some decent CGI heavy action sequences, this is a horror-comedy with little horror or comedy. If you’re looking for a horror-comedy with zombies, just watch Shaun of the Dead, at least those zombies don’t talk.

If you’re still interested, Pride, Prejudice and Zombies is currently in cinemas.

Youtube trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGraEVNI0s

I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!