person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

A Pretty Picture of Durham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Durham is one of the most beautiful cities that I have been to, and I’m glad to be living here for uni. With a thousand year old cathedral on our doorstep and a castle too, it is easy to forget that the simplest things can be just as pretty.

I’m at St Chad’s College and at the back of each house of the college there is a garden, stretching back towards the river.

Here is a picture of one of Chad’s resident squirrels perched on a park bench. He scurried off quite soon after this picture was taken…

Emma Yeo is a history student at Durham University in England. As well as writing for lots of the student publications at the uni, she is currently writing a novel about a time travelling young heroine.
I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!