This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Feeling uninspired lately? Here are four female artists who will provide you with some serious inspo for your next project.

@adrienneraquel

Let’s begin with Adrienne Raquel, a New York based photographer who has previously worked with brands like Secret and NARS, and was the art director for BCBGMAXAZRIA’s autumn/winter show at New York Fashion Week. She describes her work as ‘feminine, colourful, nostalgic’, and her Instagram feed delivers bright colours, tropical motifs, and 80s vibes.

@inamina_dika

For amazingly detailed pen and watercolour drawings, look no further than Mina Kawai, a Japanese illustrator who paints slice-of-life scenes with a twist of fantasy. What’s more, her Instagram often provides a glimpse into the processes of her art. Whimsical and dreamlike – what more could you want?

@livokai

Don’t consider makeup an art? Maybe Olivia Kaiafa can change your mind. Recently featured in an ASOS campaign, this Londoner has taken Instagram by storm. On her feed you will find caligraphic cat-eye, saturated colours, and inspiration for your next night out.

@_jesschen

Delicate, intricate, quirky, these are just some of the words that describe Jess Chen’s tattoo designs. This Canadian artist first used Instagram to share her work to a wider audience, and has now piqued the interest of major brands like Vogue. Her photos are littered with comments begging for an appointment, and she now travels the world to do custom tattoos.