New Year’s Bucket-List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

1. Travel. Whether it’s Thailand’s Full Moon Parties or soaking up spiritual Cambodia go for an adventure and explore the world
  2. Volunteer and do Charity work. Volunteer at Durham’s Oxfam charity shop on Elvet Bridge who are always looking for more part time student volunteers, mentor at a local school in Durham or volunteer at a music festival.
  3. Complete the Quaddie challenge. 4 quaddies, 4 minutes? For those who can’t manage it- 4 quaddies in 40 minutes. Make Klute 4 times more beautiful than it already is.
  4. Run a marathon, Race for Life, Tough Guy or run a whole 26K – get involved and raise money for Charity! Stay updated with DUCK. 
  5. Go on a week-long bender. Beat the summative blues: Monday Loft, Tuesday Klute, Wednesday Lloydshack, Thursday Jimmy’s, Friday Nova, Saturday College bar crawl and a boozy Sunday lunch at the New Inn.
  6. Do an all-nighter at the library. The library has now gone 24/7 so take advantage.
  7. Take part in Durham’s best pub quiz on Sunday at The Big Jug- just £1 for entry which allows you to take part in the quiz and have a free dinner.
  8.  Cheer on Team Durham at a match at Maiden Castle. Forget the weather- Team Durham need you!
  9. Write for HerCampus. Get more involved in Durham uni life, work with a great group of girls, add something to your CV and have fun! Email danaeconstantine@hercampus.com for more info- we would love to hear from you.
  10. Make 2014 better than 2013!
I'mn a second year Law student from Collingwood, Durham University. I enjoy exploring new places, going travelling and listening to music. Vodka over tequila every time! So very excited to be a part of HerCampus at Durham. Follow me on twitter @rosiemcl
Hey! I am a second year student at Durham University studying Sociology and Anthropology. I love writing and spending time with people and so cannot wait to start a HerCampus Chapter at Durham.