Meet the Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

The only big news on campus this week is the Her Campus Durham Launch, so what better way to begin than an introduction from our lovely writers and contributors?!

Danae Constantine

I am currently a 2nd year student at St Chad’s College reading Sociology and Anthropology; it is incredibly interesting and I am thoroughly enjoying the year so far. I am interested in sports but most of all fashion and food; I am sure that this will transpose in the Her Campus posts as the year goes on! Her Campus aims to be a relief from it all, and I am so happy that we are launching in Durham. Her Campus Durham will be a source for the latest trends, latest news and top tips in anything and everything you can imagine! 

Tanya Birkett

I am a Law student at Collingwood College. I am writing for Her Campus because, after all, who doesn’t want an excuse to visit coffee shops and find our Campus Cuties? I am a recovering procrastinator who can be found sitting in front of The Simpsons with as much food as I can afford.

Clare Hunter

St. Chad’s College

Second Year reading Theology

Interested in all things sporty especially rowing and rugby (which do not have the stereotypes everyone thinks of!), balanced with a keen eye for business and the determination to work hard and play hard in academic, work, social and family aspects of life.

I wanted to get involved with starting up the Her Campus Durham Chapter because I saw it as an avenue to explore how to take a popular US brand and make it work in our beautiful city of Durham. I thought it would be good fun to meet and discuss topical issues and ideas with the other team members, as well as being a creative and playful distraction from work. Her Campus is quite a different challenge to what I am used to but I hope to draw from my experience to make this new chapter successful and also learn new ideas and skills along the way.

Rosie McLeod

Second year Law student at Collingwood

Originally from Essex, Durham has brought me many new adventures: from attempting to play rugby, presenting on Purple Radio and ‘mooting’ for the university, I’m having a very varied and exciting time. I spend far too much time looking at new music on Spotify and thinking about my next travel destination (South America, please!).

I wanted to get involved with starting Her Campus at Durham as it encompasses everything I already love doing. I love being at Durham and I love journalism- believe me, it is sweet relief from writing about the Law! I also love the idea of working with a great group of girls and learning a few things along the way too. Her Campus is light hearted and fun, and I love how it can be made so relevant to every university. I am so ready for the challenge!

Izzie Price

I’m Izzie Price, a 2nd year Theology student from Chad’s. I’m so excited to be a part of Her Campus – I love creative writing and I think it’s such a great opportunity to keep people up to date on what’s happening exclusively at Durham Uni; whether it’s upcoming events, current fashion trends, Campus Cuties or just general hilarious anecdotes! I spend most of my time in the theatre or performing at one of the many historic sites in Durham, so I will probably be keeping you up to date on the more theatrical and creative events coming to town. I’m sure HerCampus is going to be a massive hit with Durham students, so please make sure to like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and most importantly read our articles!

Jules Gordon

Hi! My name is Juliet (Jules) Gordon and I’m a second year Law student at Trevelyan College. I am a keen hockey player and play for Durham University. In my spare time I love shopping, cooking, and spending time with friends. With all of the hidden cafes and coffee shops, Durham is definitely the place for me! I spent the summer working with the BBC’s News department in Media City UK, so writing for Her Campus Durham is right up my street! As a huge glossy magazine fan, it is so exciting to be part of a girly publication. Not only this, Her Campus is such a great way to meet new people and talk about all things Durham!

Lucy Beauchamp

I’m a second year Music student at St Chad’s College. As you may have guessed, music is a big part of my life and I love being involved in the university music societies; particularly as violinist in the Durham University Orchestral Society and co-ordinator of the St Chad’s chapel concert series. I’m interested in creative marketing and am looking forward to working with an Artist Management agency next summer. I am very excited to be a part of the Her Campus team as I love exploring this city and writing about the little quirks of everyday life. I also strongly approve of any executive committee that holds meetings in Starbucks! I’m keen to work with the girls to promote Her Campus across Durham and see it develop.

Charlotte Bailey

Hey! I’m Charlotte Bailey and I’m a second year law student at Trevelyan College. I’m so glad Her Campus has come to Durham and I can’t wait to start writing for it. It is the perfect online magazine; you will be able to find out everything from Durham’s campus cuties to the latest university gossip. I’m a sports enthusiast; I play hockey for the Durham University 3rd team as well as playing tennis and netball for Trevelyan College. Apart from sport, I love travelling, fashion and hitting up Durham’s world famous Klute Nightclub with my friends.

Abby Warwick

2nd Year

Subject: Archaeology

College: Collingwood

I wanted to do Her Campus because I liked the idea of an alternative and more casual news and publicity service to the ones that Durham already has. I really enjoy writing and so this seemed a great opportunity!

Fun Fact: My record number of jumps on a pogo stick is 1,100

Hey! I am a second year student at Durham University studying Sociology and Anthropology. I love writing and spending time with people and so cannot wait to start a HerCampus Chapter at Durham.