wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hild Bede’s Joe McWilliam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Meet Joe McWilliam, a theatre enthusiast and second-year Hild Beder. He’s single ladies. 

Subject: BiologyCollege: Hild BedeYear: SecondRelationship status: Single

Where are you most likely to be found in Durham?The Library bar…revising and alcohol, you can’t go wrong

Describe yourself in 3 words:Thesp 4 lyf

Favourite musical:Book of Mormon

And dream role:Princeton in Avenue Q. God I love that show

Most embarrassing moment:At the grand old age of 13 I was in the bath and decided to try on my mum’s sparkly new ring (don’t ask why). It got stuck and I had to keep it on for the next couple of days until I went to A+E and the paramedics were wetting themselves

Favourite Durham date spot:Urban Oven, regardless of whether I’m by myself or not

Most romantic thing you’ve ever done:Candlelit dinner with romantic music playing in the background. I called the playlist ‘sweet luvvin’

If you could have any superpower what would you have?I’d wanna control things with my mind. Like move stuff around AND read people’s thoughts.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time?Broadwayyyyyyy. Obviously.

19 year old Psychology student, Durham University. Londoner through and through and world explorer. Traveller, chef, writer, musical geek, and shower popstar. Completely un-tech-savvy in every way, shape and form.
I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!