This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

On the champers

Hild Bede sure does know how to throw a big ball. Although many were skeptical about the odd theme of ‘Siberian Ball’, we weren’t met with dissapointment. My friends and I didn’t go to the meal beforehand, but we made up for lost times with a bottle of Moet and Chambord. We may have missed out on the live Reindeer at the champagne reception, but we got to see ‘The Hoosiers’ in full force, playing their all time favourite hits ‘Goodbye Mr A’ and ‘Cops and Robbers’. The decorations were on point as the Vern was transformed to a wonderful Winter Wonderland and the classic Burger Van awaited anyone feeling peckish. I can’t say I remember much of the night – but well done Hild Bede. 

I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!