This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Photo by Kyle Wong. All rights reserved © http://www.kylewong.co.uk/

Last Saturday saw crowds of people head up the hill to Grey College Lawn to see the annual Fireworks Display, loved by students and locals alike. The Cathedral was lit up by the array of wonderful fireworks lit by trained members of Grey College – it was truly a spectacular sight. The 20 minute display was accompanied by some of our favourite old-school anthems like ‘Celebrate’ by Kool & The Gang which added to the excitement and made the fireworks worth the wait in the cold. Many people have said that this year’s display did not live up to that of previous years, but I say that while no other colleges bother to put on a rival display, Bonfire Night will always be Greyt! 

Thanks to Kyle Wong for the fantastic picture! 

I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!