Fantastique Dance Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

When glitter, hairspray and ballet shoes take over the Durham Student Union it can only mean one thing – the annual Instep dance show! This year the theme of the show was ‘Fantastique’; the Instep dancers promised its audience an enchanting journey through dance and music, and they did not disappoint. 

Featuring original choreography from student teachers, and an exclusively student cast, it was definitely a fun and enjoyable evening for everyone involved. 

Particular highlights included various solos from Instep’s finest, and the Ballet Competition Team’s number, ‘A French Revolution’, which later went on to win the best overall dance award as voted by the cast of the show. 

All in all, it was an evening not to be missed, and certainly provided much needed relief from the stress of summatives! If you didn’t get a chance to catch the show, make sure to take a look at the promotional trailer to get a taste of ‘Fantastique’.

Photo credits: Rebecca Duke and Lizzie Moseley. 

A History student with dreams of embarking on a career in fashion journalism upon graduating. I’m unashamedly a girlie girl so it should come as no surprise that my interests include shopping, ballet, baking and online scrapbooking (aka. Tumblr blogging). When not (attempting to be) a historian you can usually find me writing articles for Her Campus, Durham Palatinate Fashion, the Durham Globalist and my very own blog, ‘A Delightful Something'.
Hey! I am a second year student at Durham University studying Sociology and Anthropology. I love writing and spending time with people and so cannot wait to start a HerCampus Chapter at Durham.