This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Unless you’ve been being some kind of social recluse for the past few months you’re probably aware of one chap in particular that’s been all over the headlines- the infamous Mr Donald Trump (and his hair). Everyone knows what they think of him (and his hair), but what could we expect from him (and his hair) if *shudder* he (and his hair) actually came into office? What does ‘making America great again’ really mean (other than making me feel a bit queasy)? 

It was quite difficult to even find out what he stands for. Like a true politician, Trump is a massive fan of dodging questions, and using buzz words that he knows people want to hear to get a positive reaction. According to his official website, Trump only cares about 6 issues (Seriously, I didn’t even have to scroll down to fit them all on one page, I got bored counting how many all the other candidates had), here’s three of my (least) favourite.

In case anyone’s interested, this doubles as a handy list of reasons I can’t stand the guy.

Healthcare reform

Goodbye Obamacare, Trump wants to repeal this ‘complete disaster’ in favour of a private system, and remove barriers of state lines to allow competition for healthcare plans. You can’t get much more out of him than that though, he knows he wants rid of the Affordable Care Act (which by the way has seen a staggering drop in the number of uninsured Americans), but he won’t tell us much about what he’s going to replace it with.

US-China Trade Reform

Trump loves talking about China so much there’s a remix of all the times he says it on YouTube (10/10 would recommend), Trump is very concerned about a trade imbalance between the US and China, and vows to bring back jobs lost to China. But if you don’t mind, Mr Trump, given you’ve declared yourself as your own best adviser, I might not take your plans too seriously. 

Immigration

You’ve probably heard a thing or two about this one.  The guy wants to literally build a WALL between the US and Mexico, that somehow he’s going to convince Mexico to pay for itself. I’m no economist, but I don’t need to be one to know that the logistics of that are a tad unlikely.

I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!