toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Celebrities That Love Halloween!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s October!

The month of high jinks and spooky celebrations has arrived and I for one am extremely excited. With the appearance of ghost shaped sweets and carved pumpkins in shop windows, people from around the world begin gearing up for the wild night of horror films, dressing up and partying that is the 31st October. Amongst them, of course, are the people we love, and love to hate: celebrities. Last year we saw a plethora of different costumes, from Ursula the Sea Witch to Jessica Rabbit and My Little Pony, setting the bar high for 2016. However, some stand out more than others. The following 3 celebrities are ones which have shown the most zeal and commitment towards the spirit of Halloween.

Heidi Klum

Supermodel Heidi Klum has demonstrated her love of Halloween a multitude of times over. We’ve seen her as a butterfly, more disturbingly, as a ‘Naked Women’, Jessica Rabbit and even as Forbidden Fruit. The creativity and absolute commitment to going all out with her Halloween costumes puts Heidi Klum at the top of this list of celebrity Halloween aficionados, the model never failing to impress with her extravagance and exceptional eye to detail. Her annual invite-exclusive Hallows Eve party, usually hosted at a Manhattan nightclub, proves to be one of the most sought after events of the year, providing elaborate decorations and shocking surprises that last the entire night. Is it no wonder she’s called the “Queen of Halloween” ?

The Kardashians

In close and collective second is the entire Kardashian clan. Known for their elaborate get-togethers, entertained by all manner of the rich and famous, it comes at no surprise that this family are immediately referenced when talking about this festive season. Their parties, attended by the likes of Victoria Beckham and Kate Moss, are an opportunity to show off the extraordinary costumes and decorations the Kardashians have concocted for this night. However it’s not only the adults who go all out with the costumes. The Kardashian children are often seen to vehemently participate in festivities, the quality and detail of their costumes enough to rival their parents.   

Colton Haynes

Colton Haynes gives Heidi Klum a run for her money with his own weird and wild costumes. Throughout the years, Colton Haynes has stayed true to the Disney theme, jumping from Nemo to Shrek and landing on Ursula the Sea Witch for last year’s Halloween. Although having never hosted his own grand Halloween party, Colton Haynes’ enthusiasm, love even, for Halloween shines through his detailed, distinctive and often witty costumes. On Instagram, he’s an active presence, often posting pictures of him with fellow celebrities in matching or complimentary costumes. Entertainment to last a lifetime. 

20 year old from London currently on her Year Abroad in Paris. Follow me on Instagram for photos of Paris and other interesting things. https://instagram.com/charliecronin/