Where to Take Your Baby Blue Devil

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.
‘Tis the season of college decision letters which means, here come the PFrosh! Lost for an idea of what to do with your prospective Dukie? You’ve come to the right place.

1. Duke Gardens:

o First and foremost, find out how to get there (because I made that embarrassing mistake and had to walk in circles in a failed attempt at google mapping)

o Point out the happy couples canoodling under the atrium, or the many toddlers running around the field, or the families posed in front of the multicolored tulips (they are literally sectioned off by color: red, pink, purple, yellow, white, etc.)

o Show them why Sarah P Duke is the realest 

o Assure them that there are more than enough places to study (apart from the gardens)

2. Sit in on a class:

o Be wise about this; taking them to your multi class will just scare the heebie jeebies out of them

o Consider a visit to CulAnth or French class, where they’ll feel cultured and prepared for the wave of internationality they have yet to experience until they come to duke 

o Assure them that there are Duke students capable of the work-hard-play-hard lifestyle (see number 3 for proof)

3. Shooters:

o Of course they have to the experience the tell-all social haven that is Shooters

o Be sure to point out the basketball players (but don’t get all fan-girl on them), the brave cage dancers, and the wild ‘couples’ on the dance floor.

o Assure them that the thick daunting black X’s do eventually fade away. 

4. Some local hubs:

o Mad Hatter’s or Cocoa Cinnamon are a few fan favorites

o The Wa is the fanciest, most sought out food-point splurge destination 

o Marketplace if you’re being completely honest about the freshman meal plan

o Remind them that they unfortunately won’t have the luxury of using food points at the Wa or Nasher 

5. Basic Chapel Pic:

o Last but not least, we can’t forget the key part of campus

o Remind them that this construction is only temporary and casually be like ‘Oh, Duke is spending so much money on making our campus even MORE beautiful, but look at this beautiful library’
Freshman at Duke University! Born and raised in Miami, Florida, I love coffee, working out, tennis/ any water-sports, and trying new and exciting things!