Thank You Notes: Jimmy Fallon Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

My favorite late-night host, Jimmy Fallon, sometimes takes time on his show to write thank you notes that he has been meaning to send. Taking my inspiration from him, I’d like to take this time to write a few of my own. James, could we get some thank you note writing music?

Thank you, North Carolina weather, for letting me wear five different outfits a day just to keep up with you.

Thank you, Republican primaries, for allowing Donald Trump to win so many states that I will not only be studying abroad in the fall, but for the next four years.

Thank you, student health, for suggesting that gargling salt water is the key to any ailment.

Thank you, campus construction, for doubling my cardio exercise every day as I struggle to find unobstructed routes to class.

Thank you, Quenchers’ “Baseball Special,” for most likely negating whatever workout I just did. 

Thank you, West Union, for kind of, almost, maybe, sort of, just barely, opening.

And finally, thank you, cancelled flights, for giving me plenty of time in the airport to write my thank you notes.