Skinny Recipes by Gina

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

I absolutely love to cook and bake and am constantly searching for new recipes to try out.  Recently, I stumbled upon a new website, Skinnytaste, which provides a collection of wonderful recipes that are both delicious and easy on the waistline!  Gina Homolka, the author of the site, creates healthy versions of some of our favorite recipes.  In the following article, I will share a few of her recipes, which can be found at Skinnytaste.com.  Be sure to check out the website next time you are looking for a tasty and nutritious dish! 

Whip up a healthy breakfast for your friends bananas foster overnight french toast and lemon cranberry scones are sure to please!  Pair these with one of Gina’s strawberry kiwi smoothies, and you have the perfect start to your day!

Two of favorite appetizers, taco dip and buffalo chicken dip, can now be healthy!  They are the perfect game-time snack to munch on while cheering on the Blue Devils in the NCAA Tournament!

Gina has shared a wide variety of delicious and nutritious main course recipes.  Pictured here are some of her best dishes: Asian peanut noodles, zucchini enchiladas, baked ziti with spinach, and chicken rollatini stuffed with mozzarella and spinach.

How about some angel food cake trifle, chocolate banana soufflé or strawberry swirl cheesecake for dessert?   These are the perfect sweet treats for a summer barbecue!  Who ever said you can’t indulge without the bulge?

Photos taken from: skinnytaste.com

Betty Liu is a senior at Duke University where she is majoring in Biomedical Engineering.  Although her main interests lie in bioengineering, she loves keeping up with the latest trends on Duke's campus. Also, she enjoys learning about new music, reading and travelling around the world. One of her life dreams is to go to all seven continents! So far, she has been to four.