Put Your Best Face Forward

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

The sight of that little bundle of pimples can just make you cringe. We get it, being a college student can be stressful, the work, the social life, the boys, the looks, everything piles up and eventually becomes noticeable on your face. Instead of hiding in your room until all of your stressful problems are resolved, or until your skin clears up, try these 5 easy skin hacks that take little to no time! 

1.Keep face wipes handy at all times:

We all hate that awkward moment when you show up to class out of breath, sweaty, hair disheveled. Luckily, by pulling out your handy dandy face wipes, you can remove dirt, sweat, and makeup all in one! Keeping your face clean and grease-free throughout the day is a must. So whether you’re out and about, going on a run, or having a late night, these wipes are the easiest way to refresh on the go.

2.Your facemask is your new BFF:

Do you ever find yourself sitting at your desk for hours working on an assignment or just scrolling through Facebook? Well what better time than to throw on a facemask and polish your pores! Wearing a facemask while studying or just spending time around your room is super easy and can help hydrate skin, remove excess oils and help pull out impurities.

3.Moisturizer & sunscreen in one:

One cream for preventing dry skin, one for protection from the sun, etc., etc. How about one cream for everything! Your daily makeup routine just got a whole lot easier; simply purchase a moisturizing face lotion with built-in SPF, that way it moisturizes and helps protect sensitive skin at the same time.

4.You are what you eat:

We’ve heard it time and time again, but this saying definitely refers to your skin as well. Studies have shown that what you eat has a huge impact on your complexion. Fill up on junk like refined carbs, sugar, and trans fats, and well, your skin is going to look like it. On the other hand, certain foods linked to good skin include: dark chocolate, plain yogurt, pomegranate, walnuts, peppers, sunflower seeds, kidney beans, soy, oatmeal, and green tea. So get ready to nourish your skin from the inside out!

5.Drink, drink, drink!

Hydration, moisture, and skin flexibility are all interrelated. Your skin needs water to prevent excess fluid loss, and GLOW. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day to remain adequately hydrated. Otherwise, dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled so drink up! 

Freshman at Duke University! Born and raised in Miami, Florida, I love coffee, working out, tennis/ any water-sports, and trying new and exciting things!