This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Name: Perry Dinardo
Year: 2014
Age: 19
Hometown: Winchester, MA
Major: Pre-med psychology major/theater studies minor

Your go-to study spot on campus: Bella or Von der Heyden- clearly, access to snacks is an important factor!

Favorite character in a book/movie:  Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean

Biggest pet peeve: When people chew gum very loudly in a quiet space (like during an exam). 

Little unknown fact about you:  I am partially red green colorblind! This is not usually an issue though, except in situations like choosing a shade of nail polish (all the red ones look exactly the same!)

Best part of your semester so far:  Sophomore year has been so awesome- I love walking around West and seeing everyone that I know!!

Betty Liu is a senior at Duke University where she is majoring in Biomedical Engineering.  Although her main interests lie in bioengineering, she loves keeping up with the latest trends on Duke's campus. Also, she enjoys learning about new music, reading and travelling around the world. One of her life dreams is to go to all seven continents! So far, she has been to four.