Nandini Srinivasan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Despite her small size, Nandini Srinivasan is doing big things on campus, including completely revamping Duke’s arts programs to better meet students’ needs. Read on to find out why this campus cutie packs a big punch (literally).

Hometown: Dayton, Ohio

Year: 2014

Majors: Economics & Public Policy

Why Duke? I had no idea what I wanted to pursue and knew that regardless of what major I decided, Duke would give me a great education.

Plans after Duke: Education non-profit or teacher training program.

Favorite restaurant: Parlez-Vous Crepes (basically a restaurant, right?)

Favorite class at Duke: Advanced Tai Chi. Or Cardio Kickboxing. Or Fencing. Maybe all.

On campus study spot: Back of the first floor of Perkins. You pretend to study, but let’s be honest. You’re just there to socialize.

Currently watching: House of Cards.

Currently listening to: Ed Sheeran. He looks like Ron Weasley and can sing.

Motto: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” – Maya Angelou

#1 on Duke Bucket List:  To visit the Duke Immersive Virtual Environment (DiVE)

Favorite place in the world: My kitchen.

Involvement on campus: FACboard, DSG Director of Arts Advancement, Launch Agent, Chair of the Arts Annex Student Advisory Board

Random Fact: I wear children’s shoes more than I’d like to admit.

Victoria Scott is a junior and English major at Duke University. On campus, she is an Editor and Photo-blogger for Her Campus, Managing Editor for The Chanticleer (the university yearbook), photographer and Copy Editor for DMIX Magazine, and a Resident Assistant. In her spare time, she enjoys baking cupcakes and playing tennis.