Life Advice From Grey’s Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Over winter break, I became obsessed with Shonda Rhimes’ show, Grey’s Anatomy, just like most people I know. Whether it’s the hot guys, touching friendships or dark humor, it has something for everyone. I love pretending to be an expert in medicine because I’ve now completed season six (for some reason, pre-meds don’t find this to be a credible argument). However, the show’s not all pointless drama; it has tons of great quotes that relate to everyday life. Here are some of my favorites:

Meredith shows us the importance of persevering even if it seems like the world is against you (like during midterms week)

Because life is too short not to make time for the people you love. Especially if those people are the ones that keep you sane.

Christina reminds us to never let anyone hold us back. If you want a milkshake AND mozzarella sticks from the Loop, go for it. 

Derek gives us faith that the bad times won’t last forever. 

Everybody needs to hear this when experiencing hard times. Getting a back grade isn’t the end of the world.  

Because college is where you make friends that will last forever. 

Freshman at Duke University! I love my friends, running, buying things I can't afford, and watching Gossip Girl.