Instagram Accounts You Have to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.
On a typical day filled with hard classes and boring meetings, I like to take a few minutes to unwind by checking my Instagram. It provides a temporary escape from the craziness of my life and allows me to relax for a short period of time. Instead of just stalking my friends’ latest activities, which can give me major FOMO, I like to follow other entertaining accounts that post pictures that motivate me or simply cheer me up. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. @thatsbabyanimals
Because it’s impossible to be sad while looking at this cute face.

2. @humans.of.new.york
This account posts pictures of everyday New Yorkers and shares a little bit about their lives. Some are lighthearted, some are tragic but all of them are incredibly moving.

3. @natgeotravel

Feel like taking a trip? This account by National Geographic Magazine posts pictures of gorgeous places around the world that you can add to your traveling bucket list.  

4. @anthropologie

This account is perfect for imagining your next home renovation or clothes’ shopping spree. It’s like window shopping without the hassle of driving to the mall.

5. @ohsoyum

Run by one of our very own Duke students, this account filled with images of delicious meals is great for planning future restaurant adventures in Durham. Warning: it may cause hunger.

Freshman at Duke University! I love my friends, running, buying things I can't afford, and watching Gossip Girl.