Name: Alice Wu
Major: Computer Science
Hometown: Charlotte, NC
1. Why did you decide to come to Duke?
For a good challenge.
2. What has been the best thing about your Duke experience so far? Worst?
Best: Meeting new people! Worst: catching the freshman plague not once but twice during the first semester.
3. What groups are you involved in at Duke?
SPIRE Fellows, Duke Investment Club, Asian Student Association.
4. If you were famous, what would it be for?
Sprinting at world record speed to catch the bus in the morning.
5. What would an ideal day look like for you?
I ride my electric scooter to class. I finish class, get some slight work done, acquire gains at the gym, and then hang out with friends.
6. What’s your strange addiction?
Eating oatmeal for breakfast at the dining hall everyday.
7. If you could shop for free at one store, which one would you pick?
Lululemon because I’m ballin’ on a budget.
8. Any salient New Years’ Resolutions?
To improve my PRs in weightlifting (squat, bench press, deadlift etc) and read the New York Times and WSJ everyday.
9. What do you want most in 2020? Least?
Most: run a half marathon. Least: get sick.
10. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?