Her Campus Duke’s Guide to Workout Gear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

With the fall semester in full swing, it’s about time to start thinking about hitting the gym again. After a long day of studying, running around campus, and sitting through classes, Wilson Gym may be the last thing on your mind. Need a little motivation? Treat yourself to a workout-gear shopping spree. With a closet decked out in the hottest new work out gear, you’ll be dying to get your sweat on.

1. With cold weather around the corner, you may need some warmer apparel. Don’t run (walk?) the trail without the right gear. A top like Lululemon’s Gust Buster Jacket not only keeps you warm; it also keeps you safe with a reflective panel! Don’t want to splurge? Adidas offers similar warm weather tops that won’t bust your wallet.  

2. Every runner/ workout enthusiast needs a great pair of leggings. Nike offers a nice variety of lower extremity options. Take a look here!

3. For the more relaxed days (I’m thinking Sunday morning), Lucy has a great variety of yoga themed apparel. The best part? Lucy tailors their pants to suit short and tall consumers by offering a wide range of sizes (short, tall, and medium length). 

4. For all you over achievers out there, Athleta offers cycling-specific gear if you’re up for the intensity of a spin class!  

Once you’ve got the gear, you need somewhere to show it off. Go ahead and sign up for a P.E. class or check out the group fitness classes offered by Duke Recreation and Physical Education. Or, you can always go ahead and fly solo on that elliptical… Regardless of your fitness method, you’ll be fully equipped to look cute and confident! 

Photo Sources:
1
2

Sabrina is a Junior at Duke University, and is double majoring in English and Public Policy. A born and bred South African, Sabrina has traveled to the USA to pursue her higher education. As well as being a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, Sabrina is also Assistant Vice President for Recruitment for the Panhellenic Association at Duke. Sabrina has written for Duke's daily newspaper, The Chronicle and Duke's fashion magazine, FORM. After graduating, she hopes to attend law school preferably in her favourite city, New York. In her spare time, Sabrina vegges out to various fashion blogs, mindless TV (Pretty Little Liars anyone?) and online shopping (which borders on an addiction). If you manage to catch her in an energetic mood, she's probably on her way to cardiodance (or to the nearest mall).