This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

via: capitalfm.com

This spooky Halloween season, if you are looking for a new, psychological horror/thriller, look into Netflix’s new series, The Haunting of Hill House. With actors from The Invitation, Hush, Gerald’s Game, Oculus, Ouija: The Origin of Evil, and the scariest of them all, Spy Kids, the quality is basically guaranteed.

via: rollingstone.com

While the build-up is slow and initially confusing, once it gets rolling, the scares are plentiful. With a narrative following the present lives of five siblings, and they stereotypically work in a funeral home, as a psychiatrist, and a thriller author.

The Haunting of Hill House incorporates flashbacks of the siblings of when they lived in the Hill House together as a family, and their chilling experiences there.

via: tvguide.com 

As mysterious deaths, secret powers, and ghost sightings are weaved in and out of the everyday lives of these siblings, the mystery of exactly what happened in the Hill House is slowly unveiled in ways that will leave you shaking to your core.

Mike Flanagan’s artistic directing gives beautiful shots amidst the chaos, and his cleverly hidden ghosts in the background add suspense to every scene.

Sarah Watkins

Stony Brook

Sarah Watkins is a transfer student at Boston University studying sociology. Before transferring to BU she co-founded HC Stony Brook at Stony Brook Univeristy. Her interests include: How I Met Your Mother, juice cleanses, astrology, talking about traffic (like a true LA native), Arctic Monkeys, and the oxford comma. Her current dream job is to become a professor in sociology, and on any given day you can find her drinking copious amounts of coffee and reading her sociology textbook like it's a novel. 
I am a senior at Duke University, majoring in art history and minoring in political science and psychology. Outside of class, I love traveling, watching films and writing. I'm excited to be Duke's campus correspondent this upcoming school year!