Getting Back into School as Told by TATBILB

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

via. Showtimes

The summer has come to a close. O-Week is over. All that’s left is September and before you know it, leaves will be falling, sweaters will be broken out, and oh yeah, don’t forget about midterm season. You can keep reminiscing about that boy you met while studying abroad, or the kids you worked with during DukeEngage, or you can accept that all of that is left in the past and get back into the swing of things with To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before GIFs.

When you realize that syllabus week is over and it’s time to actually start spending time in Perkins

via. Tumblr

But you’re still not quite in the mindset of school, and your professor gives a pop quiz week 2

via. Tumblr

New year new you though, so you start with every intention of studying… but end up in bed watching Netflix

via. Giphy

When people ask you if you’re ready to be back at Duke you manage an affirmative

via. Tumblr

But honestly, them asking is a smack in the face reminder that summer is over

via. Tumblr

School isn’t all bad though. You’re finally reunited with your besties.

via. Tumblr

Which means it’s time to party!

via. Giphy

But what to wear? All of your Shooters clothes are tucked away behind the business casual you’ve been rocking at your summer internship.

via. Giphy

But eventually you make it and see a cute boy eyeing you from on top of the bar

via. HearstApps

Of course, you later find out he’s a freshman, and unlike in Lara Jean’s case, there’s no Peter Kavinsky to announce that nothing happened between you too.

via. Tenor

So you do the only thing you can do: damage control

via. Tumblr

via. Tumblr

But hey, don’t limit yourself! If he gives you this look,

via. Clevver

Or this one

via. ForEveryYoungAdult

Then freshman or not, he’s a keeper

via. HearstApps

At the end of the day, just like Lara Jean, you will make it through the emotional rollercoaster that is starting back to school!

Good luck Blue Devils!

Bonus gif to all those who love Peter Kavinsky:

via. Tumblr

I am a senior at Duke University studying psychology and history, and I have been writing with Her Campus since I was a freshman. Having this incredible community of empowering women to build me up when I need support and to give me an outlet when I need to vent has been one of the greatest aspects of my Duke career! I am so sad to leave them soon, but I am excited to pursue my J.D. at Georgetown in the fall!