This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.
Year – 2015
Major – Public Policy with Education and Spanish minors
Hometown – A suburb of Philadelphia that you’ve never heard of, PA (Newtown Square, PA)
1. What has been your favorite Duke experience?
This is always a ridiculously hard question for me because there’s been so many good ones… My favorite memories are always shared experiences where I feel really connected with the Duke community. I’m obsessed with events like LDOC, the Carolina game, and Old Duke mainly because they get everybody at Duke together. Also, obsessed with the pre-orientation program I do at the start of every school year because I never get more time to bond, explore Duke, and do weird stuff with a bunch of awesome Duke people.

2. Why did you decide to study abroad?
I originally decided to study abroad when I was 13 years old and had visions of becoming completely fluent in Spanish, roaming Europe, and finding a beautiful Spanish husband, but I really decided to go to get outside my comfort zone and explore the world while I had the chance.

3. What advice would you give to your freshmen-self?
Where do I even start?! I think I can sum it up with “Don’t be afraid to take risks.”

4. What’s the craziest thing about you?
I have an impressive ability to sing at the top of my lungs. The looks of judgement I get at concerts when my favorite song comes on are beyond any you’ve ever seen.

5. Who is your diva role model?
Sophia Grace, that adorable and sassy 6 year old that Ellen DeGeneres made famous. She is totally confident and isn’t afraid to say (or sing) whatever she’s thinking.
6. What is your spirit animal?
Siberian Husky. They’re sweet, enthusiastic, and a little bit fierce.

7. Clueless vs. Mean Girls
Mean Girls. Clueless was hilarious, but no movie is more quotable on a daily basis than Mean Girls. Plus I’m in love with Tina Fey.

8. If you were trapped on a foreign planet, what’s one thing you would bring with you?
Oh god, this is my worst nightmare. I hate being alone, so some sort of space iPhone? If I could call Earth sometimes and scroll through my Twitter feed I guess I’d be okay.

9. What’s your favorite feature on guys?
A genuine smile. And good teeth haha

10. Describe your perfect date.
Since the weather’s getting nice and I’m thinking about summer: a day on the beach, it’s actually impossible for me not to be happy when I’m there.

Hey everyone! I'm super excited to be a writer for Her Campus Duke. Here's some info on me: I'm from Florida, I'm addicted to MTVs Teen Wolf, and I love Betty White. I hope that through my articles you can get to know me a little better and hopeful I can help you during this weird transitional phase of life called college. 
Duke 2015 - Central Jersey - Economics (Finance Concentration) & English double major