Duke Basketball as Told by Harry Potter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

As every Cameron Crazie knows, this season of basketball has been quite the rollercoaster. We’ve watched Grayson Allen make some of the most beautiful and ridiculous shots of his career, but we’ve also seen some of the most depressing wins slip right through our fingers. It seems like nothing can really explain how we’re all feeling in the middle of this confusing season, so here’s the best I can do:

1. First and foremost, when we sent Carolina to Hell

2. When we lost to Kentucky…

3. When we had to watch the referees of the Louisville game make ridiculous calls

4. When we lost our rank for the first time in 8 years

5. When DSB made UNC fans look like the complete jokes they are

6. When the Tarheels tried to mimic our prank

7. When we all got to witness Baeson’s Virginia game winning shot

8. When the team rolls into Shoots and eye contact is made

9. Finally, when at the end of a game the student section is emptying we remember that, win or lose, we are the Cameron Crazies, our blue is better, and if home is where the heart is, our home is in K-Ville.

I am a senior at Duke University studying psychology and history, and I have been writing with Her Campus since I was a freshman. Having this incredible community of empowering women to build me up when I need support and to give me an outlet when I need to vent has been one of the greatest aspects of my Duke career! I am so sad to leave them soon, but I am excited to pursue my J.D. at Georgetown in the fall!