Day in the Life: A Typical Weekend at Duke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

We all know that after a busy week, the weekend can provide a much-needed break from late nights at Perkins and turning in assignments at 11:59. This is how a lot of weekends go when you are in college:

Friday, 4 – 7 pm: You and all your friends are finally out of class and you meet up to catch up and discuss the plans for the weekend.

Friday, 7pm- 3am:  You sit around and contemplate what to do with your life. Probably sit in your bed, watch Netflix all night and order Merchants on Points. End up falling asleep on your 30th episode of Gossip Girl.

Saturday, 12-1pm: Lazily get out of bed and shower. Its Saturday and you have nothing to do, but sleep and eat.

Saturday, 4-5pm: Hit up The Broadhead Center (RIP West Union), before you began to get ready to go out.

Saturday, 9-10pm: You hit up the first pregame of the night, dressed in the new outfit you just bought.

Saturday, 12am-2am: Head to Shoots!! And dance the night away until they kick you out.

Sunday, 12-2pm: Roll out of bed and realize you have a truckload of work to do before Monday.

Sunday, 2-3pm: Breakfast time, even though restaurants stop serving breakfast 3 hours ago.

Sunday, 3-5pm: Time you spend convincing yourself to do work but end up watching that 31st episode of Gossip Girl.

Sunday, 5-11pm: You finally start your work but remember you haven’t studied for your Orgo midterm on Monday and realize you are going to be up all night

Sunday, 11pm-…: Look at all the work you have left and promise yourself you will never go out again

The following Friday… The cycle continues