Campus Celebrities: Quinn Scanlan and Pascual Di Tella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Meet Quinn Scanlan and Pascual Di Tella, the founding members of Small Change.

A new indie/folk group on campus, Small Change, began when Pascual spotted Quinn’s guitar sitting in the corner of his room and the two started jamming. Both guys play guitar, with Quinn also on harmonica and Pascual on vocals.

Though they only began playing together about six weeks ago, the two have been good friends since the beginning of the year.

“Our eyes met during convocation and we just knew our friendship was meant to be—and you can quote me on that,” Quinn jokes.

Never taking themselves too seriously, the pair can be spotted jamming around East Campus. Pascual is also infamous for his fantastic piano playing, especially late at night—variations on Hoagy Carmichael’s “Heart and Soul” is one of his favorites.

Small Town Records is Duke’s student-run record label and studio founded in 2007 by Colin Tierney. As a part of Duke University Union, they serve the student community with concerts and freely distributed music. They share a studio space in the Bryan Center with Duke Student Broadcasting; studio time is free for students.

Hoping to get a spot on the label, the duo has an upcoming audition show. They will be performing at the Coffeehouse on Friday, November 14th.  They are writing and performing their own music with an indie/folk vibe, but will do a Bob Dylan cover every now and then.

To enjoy this laid back music with a couple of chill guys, come support Small Change on November 14th!

Hey guys, I'm thrilled to be joining the Her Campus Duke team! I'm from Shaker Heights, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland. I love to dance, travel, and talk to people. I hope that as a Campus Celebrity Correspondent I will be able to introduce you all to some of the incredible people on our campus!