Best Date Spots in Durham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

We love flowers…chocolate…chick flicks… and last, but certainly not least, dinner dates!  Durham has a wonderful selection of restaurants, giving you a wide variety of great locations to cozy up to your cutie.  Whether you are looking for a low-key coffee shop, a small restaurant in the city, or a fancy steakhouse, Durham’s choices are sure to please.  In the following article, I have compiled a list of some of the best restaurants in Durham for dinner dates (or fun nights out with the girls)!

Vin Rouge- Located right off East Campus, this French restaurant is a romantic spot for you and your boo to enjoy a cozy, candlelit dinner!

Bin 54- Even though this Chapel Hill restaurant is a bit of a drive, the trip is definitely worth it! This steakhouse can be expensive, so it is great for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Parizade- This Mediterranean restaurant is a great place to dine for those of you who are looking for a restaurant that is somewhere between casual and fancy.  Though some of the menu options are expensive, the restaurant also serves a wide variety of tapas and pastas, which are less pricey.

Four Square- Perhaps one of the best restaurants in the Durham area, Four Square is another great spot for celebrating special occasions.  The food is absolutely delicious (albeit expensive), and the atmosphere is both homely and intimate.

Magnolia Grill- Another of Durham’s finest restaurants, Magnolia Grill is a great option for a celebratory and delicious meal!

Nana’s- With a great selection of entrée and dessert options, Nana’s is the perfect spot if you’re looking for a cozy restaurant decorated with magnificent artwork.

Dos Perros- This Mexican restaurant is a great place for a fun and flirty date night.  What could be more romantic than margaritas and queso?

Durham has some fabulous options for brunch and lunch dates as well!  In the city, try Parker and Otis, Rue Cler, andToast!  On campus, the Nasher Café and theFairview Dining Room at the Washington Duke Innare great choices! Enjoy!

Photos taken from:
http://www.vinrougerestaurant.com/
http://www.parizadedurham.com/
http://www.foursquarerestaurant.com/

Sabrina is a Junior at Duke University, and is double majoring in English and Public Policy. A born and bred South African, Sabrina has traveled to the USA to pursue her higher education. As well as being a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, Sabrina is also Assistant Vice President for Recruitment for the Panhellenic Association at Duke. Sabrina has written for Duke's daily newspaper, The Chronicle and Duke's fashion magazine, FORM. After graduating, she hopes to attend law school preferably in her favourite city, New York. In her spare time, Sabrina vegges out to various fashion blogs, mindless TV (Pretty Little Liars anyone?) and online shopping (which borders on an addiction). If you manage to catch her in an energetic mood, she's probably on her way to cardiodance (or to the nearest mall).