ART FOR ALL: JASON RUBELL AND HIS “TIME CAPSULE” EXHIBIT PART I

On Thursday, October 4th, Duke students had the opportunity to mingle with members of the Durham community, enjoy delectable hors d’oeuvres (courtesy of the Nasher Museum of Art’s fine catering), and appreciate a contemporary art exhibit curated by one of our very own. Jason Rubell, a Duke alum, collected a variety of works between the ages of 13 and 21, each with its own unique story. The collection features gelatin silver photographs, striking paintings, three-dimensional sculptures, and more. Duke students were also treated to a performance by Stop Motion Dance Crew and the chance to contribute to their own “time capsule” (which Duke Archives will actually be storing!)

Victoria Scott is a junior and English major at Duke University. On campus, she is an Editor and Photo-blogger for Her Campus, Managing Editor for The Chanticleer (the university yearbook), photographer and Copy Editor for DMIX Magazine, and a Resident Assistant. In her spare time, she enjoys baking cupcakes and playing tennis.