This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Since being abroad, I have had to step out of my comfort zone and prepare my own meals.  Though I like cooking on occasion, I have never had to make lists, travel to the store, and budget just so I wouldn’t starve. At first, it was hard to find the right brands and stores but now, 7 weeks in, I have gotten it down to a science. Along the way I have picked up a few favorite British snacks are too good to not share.

1. McVitie’s Milk Chocolate Digestives Biscuits

via: Ochado

Though they may have this flavor in America, these chips deserve a mention because of how dang delicious they are. I don’t know what it is but the potato chips here taste so much better. Maybe it’s how thick they are or the oil they cook them in but they are soooooo good and will be truly missed.

2. Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar

via: Amazon

3. Mr. Kipling Angel Slices

via: British Food Store Online

Being the British equivalent of Debbie Cakes, Angel slices are a must try. They may taste a little like plastic but fake sugar is the best type.

4. Desperados Original Tequila Flavoured Beer

via: Wine Searcher

Desperados was one of the first drinks I had here and it has honestly been one of my favorite beers since being here. From its almost 6% alcohol content to its refreshingly sweet taste, Desperados are everything I could as for.

5. The Coconut Collaborative Dairy Free Vanilla Snowconut Sticks

via: Ocado

I’ve really been into the array of vegan snacks and foods London has to offer, and one of my favorite brands has been The Coconut Collaborative. Arguably one of their best products has to be the Coconut Popsicles but the Choco Pots really give them a run for their money. Dare I say I’m in love.

Hi, I'm Emma and welcome to my world!
I am a senior at Duke University, majoring in art history and minoring in political science and psychology. Outside of class, I love traveling, watching films and writing. I'm excited to be Duke's campus correspondent this upcoming school year!