Adventures Across the Pond 6: How I’m Doing – A GIF Story

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

If there is one thing I have learned while studying abroad, is that time flies and it waits for no one. Even as I write this, I have less than 3 weeks left in this beautiful city and am literally on an emotional rollercoaster, so I thought I should update you guys on how I’m doing.

About two weeks ago, I took a trip to Italy with a few of my friends and it was AMAZING!!

via: RBL

We stayed for 5 days and it was literally not enough time. After coming back I thought I gained half my body weight in pasta.

via: Giphy

It was honestly bittersweet to come back to an empty fridge and eating eggs and toast for every meal. But I knew it was time to get back to work and classes.

via: GStatic

It legit hit me in the face, as I had an assignment due the day after I got back and I had zero clean outfits left.

via: MediaTenor

After having to start my week almost immediately after getting off the plane, I kept that energy all week. Then on Friday, I decided to live my best life and go out.

via: Gyfycat

I had so much fun, but work was calling me. I knew I had to focus because the following week was Thanksgiving.

via: Giphy

Eventually Thursday came around and my friend group planned a Friendsgiving and it was seriously the cutest thing ever. I was so excited to introduce cornbread and sweet potato pie to my British friends and it was surprisingly a success.

via: Giphy

The next day, I became so sick but still went out to party.

via: Akns

Naturally that was the wrong idea and un-ironically I am still sick.

via: Mediatenor

Despite all that, the last two weeks have been filled with some ‘fun’ and ‘not so fun’ memories but they have been some of the best. With only a few days left, I am trying my best to make even better ones.

via: Whicdn

Hi, I'm Emma and welcome to my world!
I am a senior at Duke University, majoring in art history and minoring in political science and psychology. Outside of class, I love traveling, watching films and writing. I'm excited to be Duke's campus correspondent this upcoming school year!