photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

5 Ways to Crush the Mid Semester Blues

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

The leaves are changing color, there’s pumpkin spice everything, and students are cramming for midterms – must be time for the mid-semester blues. Maybe you’re not doing so hot in one of your classes or your friend group is going through some stuff, but that’s no reason to let the mid-semester blues keep you down! Here are some tips on how to crush those mid-semester blues before it starts!

1. Make health your priority

It’s flu season and another round of the freshmen plague has been going around. Don’t risk getting sick the day before a big exam! It’s highly recommended that you switch out your toothbrush every three months or after you get sick, so throw away your old toothbrush, buy a new one, and stick a Steripod clip on for good measure. The Steripod clip will keep your toothbrush clean and safe from nasty contaminants, keeping you healthier and happier!

2. Be confident in your appearance

It’s getting chillier out there, so it’s time to start breaking out the long sleeves and jeans combo. Dressing warmly doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style, though; Aeropostale has a variety of trendy, comfortable jeans that will both keep you warm and looking good. Don’t forget to accessorize with a nice choker or a pair of cute sunglasses! Your hair is also your natural accessory, so treat it right and complete your look with some Bed Head Mini Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray or some dry shampoo. And keep summer going with L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes and Spray for a sun-kissed, healthy glow that’ll make everyone think you got a full eight hours of sleep last night.

3. Take care of your skin

While we’re talking about skin, take care of yours! Stress can cause nasty breakouts and what’s more stressful than exams? Do your skin a solid and use a Freeman face mask. There are masks for all skin types and concerns, and the ingredients are all natural. Try one on and reveal your skin’s beauty.

4. Try new things!

Take your mind off of your schoolwork for a bit and try something new, be it a hobby, a tv show, or a drink. Spindrift Sparkling Water has a great taste and just two ingredients – sparkling water and real fruit. That’s it. While you’re at, give Hi-Chew candy a try – it’s also made from real fruit. Your taste buds and your body will thank you.

5. Stay on top of things!

With projects and exams piling on top of you, you need to stay organized. If you don’t already have a planner, pick up an Erin Condren planner. They’re super cute and will not only keep your organized, but also motivated with inspirational quotes scattered throughout.

No matter what’s got you down – be it a class or friends – don’t let it defeat you. One grade, one class, one person will never determine your entire future – only you can do that! So get out there, and make it great!