4 Great Ways to Spend a Snow Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Now that winter is upon is and we have (shockingly) so many snow days, all of you westerners and southerners may not know what to do with yourselves.  Because I’m from Boston, the snow is something that I’m very used to, but not something that I was expecting coming to a school in North Carolina.  Here are some ideas as to what to do with your snow days:

1. SLEEP

Second semester is very chaotic, and we all need some extra time to sleep, so take advantage of these days off and get some much needed rest.

2. Catch up on homework

Although it can be tempting to blow off the day playing in the snow and hanging out with your friends, it is important to take advantage of extra time and catch up on work.

3. Hang out with friends

Even though it is important to finish your work during these days, you may have not seen your friends much over the last few weeks because you were buried by midterms. Make some hot chocolate, run around in the snow together and catch up because it’s not like any of you are going anywhere!

4. Play in the snow!

Of course the weather is exciting for the people who don’t get snow often (or ever). And really, who doesn’t like playing in the snow? Take a break from everything and just enjoy the weather; it’s a rarity in North Carolina and definitely one to be enjoyed.

Photo credit: http://blogs.library.duke.edu/rubenstein/2010/12/06/a-snowy-saturday-at-…

Duke 2015 - Central Jersey - Economics (Finance Concentration) & English double major