This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Every year, the nation collectively freaks out over ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas lineup, but currently airing right now is the less well known cousin, 13 Nights of Halloween.  In case you don’t know, this multi-day event is packed with everything from horror movie classics to the incredibly adorable Halloween movies of your childhood.

On the horror end of things, tuning in to this channel could give you the opportunity to watch pretty much any sub-genre of your choosing. Representing the slasher series is one of my personal, and slightly more obscure, favorites, the I Know What You Did Last Summer series, which is about a group of friends who are terrorized by a mysterious hooked man after an accident results in someone’s death. Fans of more classic scary movies would enjoy Poltergeist which appears not once, but twice, in this lineup.

Despite some great scary movies, this annual event reaches its peak with its more child-geared Halloween movies. The classics that we grew up on all appear. I’m talking Hocus Pocus, Casper, The Addams Family, and Matilda.  If these great hallmarks of your childhood aren’t enough to make you ready to drop everything and sit in front of the tv for the next week and a half, then consider the other editions to this amazing event.  The ever popular Monsters University is making an appearance for the first time this year, along with other animated features such as The Nightmare Before Christmas.

If you’re finally convinced, take a look below to see ABC Family’s full lineup and get ready to get into the Halloween spirit with this amazing marathon.  If you’re not, take a look below anyways just in case you find something that makes you want to grab a bowl of candy and curl up on the common room couch with some friends.