Winter Formals: Potter Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

With winter formal in the near future why not channel your inner nerd and slay at the same time! Before scrolling down to get inspired for winter formal wear, take one (or both) of these quizes to see which Hogwarts House you’d be placed into! 

Pottermore Sorting Hat to get a JK Rowling approved sort- simply sign up for an account and let the sorting hat work it’s magic. 

If you want a quicker judgement take this Buzzfeed quiz to find your house sweet home. 

Done? Scroll on down! 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

For all you Slytherins out there, strut into formal with these velvet forest green vibes! 

Calling all Huffepuffs!! Channel your darker side and slay with a seductive cut sleeve or slit and make a statement with a unique necklace. 

If you’re a Gryffindor, charm the ballroom with some sparking, vintage pieces to compliment a blood red velvet dress the color of your heart. 

And last but not least, if you’re a Ravenclaw, rock a dark midnight blue with delicate beauty. 

*All images credited to Pinterest

Molly is from Salina, Kansas and is a second year at the University of Denver. She is currently an International Studies and French major. When Molly isn't writing for HC, she is working as a swim instructor for a private company teaching little kiddos! If she's not working she loves hanging out at Kaladi Brothers Coffee, or thrifting at local thrift shops. Molly is involved in humanitarian organizations and the french club on campus! Molly's motto is, "Follow your arrow no matter where it points".