Culture > News

Voices That Must Be Heard: 12 Powerful Protest Signs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

I have been considering what I should say during this difficult time following the killing of George Floyd and the protests that follow. I am in a position of privilege, but being silent is not the answer. Black lives matter, always.

Here, I share powerful protest signs from the recent protests all around the US. These are voices that deserve to be heard.

“Am I next?”

“Police violence IS gang violence. Black lives matter.”

“Who will police the police?”

“You love black people, culture, music, shows, movies, artists, etc. Yet you choose silence. Black lives matter.”

“Fight for black people the way you fight to say n***a!”

“I always wondered why somebody didn’t do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.”

“If you’re scared of/fear for your life when you see innocent, unarmed black men, be careful, they’re everywhere. You don’t have to kill them.”

“All lives matter. But right now, we’re focusing on black lives!”

“How many weren’t filmed? #blacklivesmatter”

“I can’t breathe!! Stop the killing, I want to grow up. Stop try to kill me”

“Pro black isn’t anti white.”

“Now is not the time to be quietly non-racist. Now is the time to be vocally anti-racist.”

These are only few of many powerful protest signs – all voices deserve to be heard. Black lives matter. 

Hello! I am one of the Her Campus DU Campus Correspondents! I am majoring in Psychology with minors in Chemistry and Criminology with the hopes of becoming a Forensic Psychologist someday! I joined Her Campus to be able to get my voice out there, as writing is one of my utmost passions. Some of my favorite things include Jesus, my family, and learning new things.