The Timeline of a DU Tailgate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

9:00 AM – Wake up and text GroupMe to make sure everyone is alive from last night.

9:30 AM – Start mentally and physically preparing yourself for the day.

10:30 AM – Two words… bottomless mimosas.

11:30 AM – Mob with squad to Ritchie center.

11:45 AM – Get blue solo cup from favorite frat.  Proceed to fill solo cup with drink of choice.

12:00 PM – Dance on pickup truck with your friends. Insist that the nearest male take a minimum of 20 candid pictures so you have Instagram options.  

12:10 PM – Spill full drink on self or fraternity man. 

12:11 PM – Jump off pickup immediately.

12:30 PM – Aggressively say hi and hug everyone you’ve ever met at DU.  Act like you didn’t just ignore them in class on Thursday.  

12:45 PM – Pet any and every dog in sight.

1:00 PM – Game time.

1:05 PM – Make your way to the field, or settle for the hill.

1:10 PM – Drunk text your ex-boyfriend.

1:15 PM – Get shut down by your ex-boyfriend.

1:20 PM – Cry it out of your system.

1:30 PM – Get over it.

1:40 – Re-hydrate.

2:00 PM – DU wins!!! Head to bar of choice.

2:00 PM – DU loses.  Still head to bar of choice.

5:30 PM – Wake up confused and sunburnt.  Set an alarm for later, and go back to sleep immediately.

8:00 PM – Your roommate forces you to wake up and get dressed for the night.  Attempt to look cute, but soon realize that there is little hope.  Sloppily apply make-up and throw on clean Denver t-shirt. 

9:00 PM – Do it all again. 

Hi!  I'm a second-year at DU studying Strategic Communications, Marketing, & Psychology.  When I'm not at the library studying, you can find me lounging around campus in a hammock, being forced to work out, or on a patio somewhere enjoying an icy margarita.  My favorite pastimes include watching Broad City and skating on thin ice.