This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Who says you can’t get a tan in Spring? While the summer rays are on vacation, you can still get that summer glow. If you are looking for a way to keep the snow-white skin days away without those dangerous UV rays, L’Oréal Paris offers an affordable Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion ($11.99 on Amazon).

Just like every tanning lotion I have tried, there are some ups and downs to using L’Oréal’s Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion. Here is a list of some of the positives and negatives.

Positives
  • The L’Oréal lotion is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. While it can be hard to know if you’ve gotten full coverage with self-spray tans, this lotion lets you decide exactly where to put it and how much to use.
  • This lotion smells delicious, leaving your skin with a light citrus scent.
  • If used semi-regularly (a few times a week) this lotion will definitely give you a sun-kissed look.
Negatives
  • For me a big negative was the sparkles that stay on your skin after applying this product. For some this might be a positive but I felt a little too much like a vampire in the daylight with the amount of glitter the lotion left behind. This limits the usage time to nights or periods when you aren’t going out in public.
  • If you don’t let the lotion fully dry it will rub off on clothes and other fabrics. Tanning lotion is not easy to get out of clothes and can ruin your day if you accidently brush against fabrics before fully drying.
  • Depending on the type of tan you like, this product tended to give me more of an orangey glow than a deep sun-tan look. Note: I used the Medium Natural Tan shade.

Overall, the L’Oréal lotion is effective in giving that “just got back from vacation” look. If you keep the time of application and drying period in mind, this lotion is a great alternative to tanning beds and much cheaper than professional spray tans or a Mexico vacation.

I’d give this product a 3.5/5-star rating.

Born and Raised in Colorado, Annie is currently pursuing a degree in Journalism from the University of Denver. She enjoys writing and reading in coffee houses, binge watching Food Network, traveling and learning to love the imperfections.