Are you staying around the mile high city for spring break? I am! If you need ideas, your girl has them! Here is a list of things to do in, or around the Denver Metro Area, all for relatively cheap!
- Coors Factory Tour in Golden- Tours are free!
- Escape Rooms- Choose your theme and your partners in crime for only $28 per person!
- Visit the Denver Aquarium and walk through tunnels of sharks and jelly fish, and if you need some magic in your life make sure to catch a mermaid show and pet the stingrays for only $21 a person.
- The Denver Art Museum (The Star Wars exhibit is still there!) Only $24 to see both Star Wars and the rest of the museum!
- The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is only $17 per person to explore the corners of space and science. Plus, all the hands on excibts will entertain you for hours.
- Go watch cute animals all day at the Denver Zoo for the low price of $17.
- Tour the Sports Authority Stadium at Mile High for $20 a person and run the field like a pro for a day!
- Head out to Casa Bonita to enjoy dinner and a show! A Denver classic that includes indoors cliff diving, live shows, music, and all you can eat Mexican dinner and sopapillas for around $19 a plate!
- Go see the new Beauty and the Beast and relish in old childhood memories with the lovely Emma Watson.
- Go paddle boating on the lake in Wash Park. Take a date and a bottle of Coke for $25 an hour at sunset (GREAT date idea, take it from a girl who’s done it!)
If you want to get away and visit the high country, here are some great spots for day hikes or weekend camping that are less than 2 hours away from Denver!
- Explore Red Rocks Amphitheatre. It’s a sweet venue to catch concerts and also great for easy day hikes! Plus, as long as there is no event going on, visiting during the day is totally free!
- Visit Golden Gate Canyon State Park. It’s a good place for day hikes and camping. As an added bonus, it’s only about an hour drive from Denver city center! A daily park pass is $7 and tent camping is open (even now!) for only $18 a night.
- Lair O’ the Bear at Bear Creek near Denver is great for day hikes and trail biking! Plus, it’s totally free- No park pass required!