Spring Break Staycation!

Are you staying around the mile high city for spring break? I am! If you need ideas, your girl has them! Here is a list of things to do in, or around the Denver Metro Area, all for relatively cheap!

1. Coors Factory Tour in Golden- Tours are free!
  2. Escape Rooms- Choose your theme and your partners in crime for only $28 per person!
  3. Visit the Denver Aquarium and walk through tunnels of sharks and jelly fish, and if you need some magic in your life make sure to catch a mermaid show and pet the stingrays for only $21 a person.
  4. The Denver Art Museum (The Star Wars exhibit is still there!) Only $24 to see both Star Wars and the rest of the museum!
  5. The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is only $17 per person to explore the corners of space and science. Plus, all the hands on excibts will entertain you for hours.
  6. Go watch cute animals all day at the Denver Zoo for the low price of $17.
  7. Tour the Sports Authority Stadium at Mile High for $20 a person and run the field like a pro for a day!
  8. Head out to Casa Bonita to enjoy dinner and a show! A Denver classic that includes indoors cliff diving, live shows, music, and all you can eat Mexican dinner and sopapillas for around $19 a plate!  
  9. Go see the new Beauty and the Beast and relish in old childhood memories with the lovely Emma Watson.
  10. Go paddle boating on the lake in Wash Park. Take a date and a bottle of Coke for $25 an hour at sunset (GREAT date idea, take it from a girl who’s done it!)

If you want to get away and visit the high country, here are some great spots for day hikes or weekend camping that are less than 2 hours away from Denver!

1. Explore Red Rocks Amphitheatre. It's a sweet venue to catch concerts and also great for easy day hikes! Plus, as long as there is no event going on, visiting during the day is totally free!
  2. Visit Golden Gate Canyon State Park. It's a good place for day hikes and camping. As an added bonus, it's only about an hour drive from Denver city center! A daily park pass is $7 and tent camping is open (even now!) for only $18 a night.
  3. Lair O’ the Bear at Bear Creek near Denver is great for day hikes and trail biking! Plus, it’s totally free- No park pass required!