This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

In light of literature being such a focus for us here at Her Campus, I decided to profile the Editorial Director, Talia Schaer, of another online publication here at DU: Spoon

Talia Schaer, Editorial Director at Spoon DU, third-year Psychology major with minors in Hebrew and Wellness.  

What is Spoon?

Spoon is an online food publication written by college students for college students. It is like the BuzzFeed of food. It has fun articles, silly quizzes, and everything in between.

Why did you chose to write for it, and why do you continue?

I decided to write for Spoon my freshman year because it was just starting, and I love food. It is a really great opportunity to get your name out there.

How do you believe Spoon will help your future?

I think it will help my future because Spoon has allowed me to better my writing abilities, and having articles with thousands of views is nice to have on a resume. Plus by being one of the chapter leaders it allows me to practice being a leader.

How do you think it helps students on campus now?

I think it helps students not just on DU’s campus, but students everywhere, because it teaches the basics of food and keeps you informed about food.

Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.