Rory Moore ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Meet this week’s campus cutie, Rory Moore! Rory is an outstanding person with an infectious smile that can lighten anyone’s mood!

Hometown: Northglenn, COYear: SophomoreMajor: Psychology with a cognitive neuroscience concentration (impressive!!!)

Her Campus: Why did you choose DU?Rory Moore: I am afraid to admit that I had never heard of DU, I was always used to the mountains and northern part of Denver. I thought since the University of Denver is recognized as a top institution in Colorado, it seemed like the right fit to be close to home and attend a great university. 

HC: If you had to choose between flying or invisibility, which would it be?RM: I would have to say flying!

HC: Which extracurriculars are you involved in?RM: Excelling Leaders Institute Student Success, Assistant Coordinator DU Black Student Alliance President, Undergraduate Student Government Junior Senator, Undergraduate Student Government Diversity Committee External Chair, DU Gates Millennium Scholar Organization President, Minorities Association for Pre-Medical Students Vice President. 

HC: Do you have a favorite childhood memory?RM: Yes, I can remember when I was a child and I went to Disneyland in California. It was awesome to be able to see all the Disney characters and get the chance to go on rides. 

HC: What song is your anthem?RM: Without a doubt “Stay Wtih Me” by Sam Smith. 

HC: What is your dream job if money was never a factor?RM: My dream job is to be a Neurologist.  I genuinely want to become a Neurologist because I want to find a cure for Short Term Memory Loss or at least find better medication for those suffering with this illness. Money was never a factor of this job because I believe that you should do something you are passionate about. 

HC: Would you rather eat pizza or burritos for the rest of your life?RM: Pizza for life.

HC: Is there one thing you could never live without?RM: I could never live without ice cream! I believe that ice cream cures my problems most of the time :)

Olivia Sheehan is student at the University of Denver, studying Strategic Communication and Psychology. Some of her passions include skiing, traveling, cute animals, and spending time with friends. She is a campus correspondent of Her Campus DU, and is excited about the future of Her Campus here at the University of Denver.