This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Does week 7 find your brain in a thousand places? Same with us. Here’s our suggestion for a relaxing, ever so quintessential European holiday destination: Italy! You’re sure to fall in love, if only for the week.

First Stop? El Duomo! 

You’ll never be far from a church in Italy, however the Duomo in Florence is sure to deliver.

Watch out for pickpockets and get a look inside if you can. But most of all, check out all the ornate details!

Whaaa? This was build like 600 years ago? How did they even do that?

You’ll of course need to check out the Palazzo Vecchio, the off-center clock tower noted for hosting numerous Medici family member.

And ticking off orderly architects everywhere! 

But if you’re in to buildings that don’t care about your feelings, then the Leaning Tower of Pisa is for you. 

Ooooooh so artsy. 

Don’t be like me though. Find a photographer who actually knows how to get this shot.

And lest we not forget the most important part of any Italian Holiday. The coffee.

An espresso is always a good choice. Bellissima!!

Oh, and the food! Pizza is life. It’s surpsingly crisp, light and you won’t feel like you’ve eaten an elephant afterwards. 

If you have the chance, you need to check out the many Biblical frescos.

They’ve been meticulously painted into the wall so they’re able to stand the test of time! 

And if a bunch of Saints with golden plates plastered to the back of their heads aren’t your cup of tea,

leave the cup and find a glass of the good stuff. 

Maybe you too will find a snazzy man like this to pour you a glass.

*Certified Italian Chef Man. *Hat not included. 

Whatever you see however…

Don’t forget to send a postcard. 

Elle Wagner is a sophmore this year at the Univesity of Denver and is a double major in International Relations and Communication Studies with a minor in French. She works as a model for Wilhelmina International and enjoys to travel, eat lots of cheesecake and spend time with her Dutch Family in Den Haag, Holland. She is super thrilled to be a writer for Her Campus and is always looking forward to the next piece she gets to write! HCXO