This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

All animals are great, but to me, cats are just about the cutest animals out there! From wild to domesticated to cute to evil to funny, all cats have some type of appeal to them. I may be a little biased as I grew up with cats and currently have the sweetest ginger kitty alive (Rico Suave), but it remains objective that all cats are cute. So, I thought that going through a list of different cats ranging from the cutest to the ugliest would be a great reminder that cats everywhere deserve some love and respect. 

Baby cats

I felt maybe we should start off looking at some of the absolutely cutest creatures on this earth. 

Domesticated kittens

Beware.. they might just steal your heart! 

Three cute kittens cuddled up together snug as bugs in a rug.
An insanely adorable kitten looking to play around. 
Two cute kittens cuddling with each other. They still haven’t even opened their eyes! 

Baby wild cats 

Even though they are adorable, they will grow up to be amazing predators. 

A cute baby ocelot ready to seek out a hug.
Baby lion.. tiny but mighty! 
What a cute baby snow leopard ready for bed! 

Ugly cats 

Since we started with the best I thought maybe a hard transition would be best.. haha. 

They may be ugly, but something about them still makes my heart melt. 
Everyone hates on hairless felines, but they have their own cuteness to them.. maybe because they are so “ugly?”
This poor baby was abandoned for being so ugly; why is the world so cruel to innocent creatures???

Big kitties

Okay, so let’s transition into something more positive! Like some of the most dangerous predators on earth and some of the biggest sweethearts. 

Domesticated

Why, yes my good sir, I would love some tea. -Fluffy Maine Coone 
Strike a pose! – American Bobtail 
Look, it’s a bird! – Bengal cat 

Wild cats 

The cheetah.. such beauty, speed, and elegance all in one.  ​
The jaguar… such poise, power, and beauty wrapped into one animal. 
Lions… the king of the jungle and a sweetheart to family. 

Funny cats

There’s nothing more entertaining to watch than cats getting themselves into some hilarious situations! 

It’s a bag.. wait it’s a trap!
Cats.. they love sticking their nose into anything.
They also love squeezing into random objects.

And there you have it! Some adorable content and loads of evidence on why you should love cats! Not only are cats beautiful, magestic, and absolutely hilarious, they also have an amazing capacity to be loved and give love. ​Many cats begin to purr as soon as you begin to pet them letting you know that they are loving your attention. As Dr. John Amodeo states, “I believe that a major reason we love cats is because of an uncanny ability that few humans possess: they register our tactile presence in a deeply felt way. They really know how to let us in! They’re right there in the delectable moment receiving our touch.” Cats let us love them and hold them and cuddle them, not only focusing our attention similar to mediation, but they are always themselves and honest with you. Never hiding their love! To all the cats out there:

Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.