This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

As I was browsing through the DU Bookstore, there was lots of great DU merch to buy, and yet the cost is not always where you want it to be.

So today, I will be rating some of the most worthwhile buys for you; so, you won’t have to go hunting yourself. For each of these items, I give a rating based on practicality and cost.

Athletic Wear

I tend to lean more towards cute and simple products such as this shirt, and as a bonus this one also happens to be athletic. I really like the faded wording at the top because it gives a very rustic feeling, yet it looks so current. The wording is not terribly overwhelming so it gives a more casual feel and is still clearly labeled as a DU shirt.

In addition, the fabric is not terribly tight so this shirt can also double up as something to wear just inside your dorm. 95% of the material is polyester so if you decide that this will be a worthwhile purchase, the material may stretch over time.

• Cost: $34
  • Pro: Many uses, still DU merch
  • Con: May stretch out over time.
  • Rating: 3/5

Casual Wear

This DU grey V neck is a very cute and a semi-formal way to wear your DU pride! First, it is long sleeved which will go very well in the winter. It blends soft and very durable fabrics into the shirt to provide ultimate comfort.

The only downside is the terrifying cost of $44. If you decide to make this purchase, be sure you take good care of it so that it can last a long time.

• Cost: $44
  • Pro: Semi-formal way to show DU pride
  • Con: Take really good care of it.
  • Rating: 2/5

Clearance Wear

Finally, we have the clearance section (which is my favorite) for a long sleeve T-shirt.

This shirt is from a reputable brand of Jan Sport and very durable for everyday life. The cost is within the average college student’s budget. But the difficulty is that since it is on clearance it probably will be going soon.

The format of the wording of “Pioneers” is very cute because we get a new almost signature look. However, the white tends to stand out more than the yellow on the red background.

• Cost: $12
  • Pro: Affordable, signature look, long-sleeved.
  • Con: Might not stay in the bookstore very long
  • Rating: 5/5
Good luck DU colleagues and have fun browsing the bookstore. You never know what you may find!
Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.